At Energy Bay, your privacy is extremely important to us. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and to handling your personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- fair, transparent and open collection practice and management of personal information;
- processes that ensure personal information is accurate, complete, current and secure;
- an individual’s right to see and where necessary, correct personal information about themselves; and
- limiting the use of personal
Personal Information that we collect
In the provision of our services we may collect and hold personal information about you and other individual (authorised person/representative) that can include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Driver license or passport details;
- Contact details including address, email, telephone and mobile phone numbers;
- Medical Information (Life support information);
- Other personal information provided by
The collection of this information is important to ensure we are able to provide you with utility management services at your supply address, without the information we may not be able to service you.
In the provision of our services we may also collect and hold:
- Payment details where direct debit is selected as payment option;
- Utility usage data;
- Payment history;
- All communication between
How we collect Personal Information
We will collect your personal information directly from you via:
- Over the phone;
- Website, including online forms;
- Smartphone applications;
- In writing including hardcopy forms and
In some instances, we may also collect your personal information via third-party sources including:
- Authorised person/representative;
- Property owners and/or their agents;
- Owners committees and/or body corporates;
- Strata Managers;
- Electricity retailers and/or electricity distributors;
- Credit providers;
- Debt collectors;
- Statutory authorities or government departments, including the Australian Taxation Office
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including authorised representatives, agents or third parties whom we have business relations that may include other electricity retailers, electricity distributors, owners committees, body corporates, credit providers and credit reporting bodies.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We use your personal information for the purpose we collected it, to provide you with utility management services including:
- Manage our business operations;
- Providing utility related services (electricity, gas, thermal energy, water, telephony);
- Handling your enquiries;
- Debt collection;
- Handling complaints;
- Company research and development;
- Communication details about our products and services, including for marketing purposes;
- Auditing, quality assurance and training; or
- Any other purpose communicated to you at the time we collect your personal information and as permitted by
You may opt out of receiving marketing material by contacting us at [email protected]
In the management of our business we may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- Property owners and/or their agents;
- Manager of the Owners Corporation and/or Body Corporate where you reside;
- Your authorised representative;
- Debt collection agencies, courts, tribunals and or other authorities where you fail to pay for services provided;
- Third party contractors who assist us in providing services to you;
- Financial institutions to process payments;
- Regulatory authorities where required and authorised by law;
- Energy Bay related
We may also be required or compelled at law to provide certain information, such as under a court order or subpoena, or a regulatory body request.
If your personal information is collected or supplied to an organisation outside of Australia we will ensure it will be held, used or disclosed only in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Security of personal information
We hold personal information electronically and sometimes in hard copy. The security of your personal information is very important, and we’re committed to ensuring your personal information is managed correctly.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse modification or disclosure of data.
Accessing your Personal Information
Correcting your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and store, use or disclose is accurate.
If you have a complaint regarding our management of your personal information or consider we have breached the Privacy Laws, you may contact us or access our Dispute Resolution Service.
- By calling: 1300 452 285
- Email: [email protected]